Join Stephanie, owner of craft brand Hawthorn Handmade and learn a selection of hand embroidery stitches including back stitch, chain stitch, stem stitch and the infamous French knot! By the end of the workshop you will have picked up the top tips to get started stitching and creating your own pieces with confidence.
You will need to purchase:
Blackthorn Bramble Embroidery Kit. Price: £21.95. CLICK HERE TO BUY
Kit includes: Pre-printed fabric, wooden embroidery hoop, needle, DMC threads, pattern card, instruction booklet.
Additional equipment/materials required:
- Pair of sharp scissors
- Needle threader (optional)
Level: Beginner - no prior experience needed.
Preparation before the workshop:
- If you wish to craft along with Stephanie during the workshop, you will need to put your fabric in the hoop and prepare your threads - full instructions for these steps are in the instruction booklet.
- You will be starting with the dark green thread and will also use the red and light green thread.
- Cut the thread into 50cm lengths and separate into two lots of 3 strands. Thread the needle with 3 strands of the dark green thread.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn:
- You will learn the following stitches: Back Stitch, Reverse Chain Stitch, Stem Stitch and French Knots.
- Stephanie will also show you how to start and finish a stitch and there will be extra tips throughout the workshop.
What you will make in the workshop:
The piece will need to be completed after the workshop. You will be able to work along with the stitches during the workshop, or you may prefer to just watch and then stitch later in your own time.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join, but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&Cs for more information.