Join Stephanie, owner of craft brand Hawthorn Handmade and learn a selection of basic hand embroidery techniques including Reverse Chain Stitch, Stem Stitch and Lazy Daisies!
By the end of the workshop you will have picked up the top tips to get started stitching and creating your own pieces with confidence.
You will need to purchase:
Hawthorn Handmade Succulent Embroidery Kit. Price: £21.95. CLICK HERE TO BUY
Kit includes: Pre-printed fabric, wooden embroidery hoop, needle, DMC threads, pattern card, instruction booklet.
Additional equipment/materials required:
- Pair of sharp scissors
- Needle threader (optional)
Level: Beginner - no prior experience needed.
Preparation before the workshop:
- If you wish to craft along with Stephanie during the workshop, you will need to put your fabric in the hoop and prepare your threads - full instructions for these steps are in the instruction booklet.
- You will be starting with the mid green thread for reverse chain stitch and will also use the dark green for stem stitch and purple thread for lazy daisies.
- Cut the thread into 50cm lengths and separate into two lots of 3 strands. Thread the needle with 3 strands of the mid green thread, and have the other colours ready to change over to.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn:
- You will learn basic embroidery techniques plus Reverse Chain Stitch, Stem Stitch and Lazy Daisies.
- Stephanie will also show you how to start and finish a stitch and there will be extra tips throughout the workshop.
What you will make in the workshop:
- The piece will need to be completed after the workshop.
- You will be able to work along with the stitches during the workshop, or you may prefer to just watch and then stitch later in your own time.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join, but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We may record this session for internal purposes. Unfortunately we will not be able to share the recording with attendees after the event. Please see T&Cs for more information.