In this session, Calligrapher and Lettering Artist Lucy Khanam, will teach you how to write 'Eid Mubarak' in both Faux Arabic and Modern Calligraphy, before transferring on to your greeting card.
You’ll also learn how to use everyday materials such as tea/coffee and watercolours to stain a card to create your own unique design.
As part of your ticket price you will also receive a PDF copy of the 'Basic Beginners Arabic Calligraphy Workbook' in your post event email.
You can find Lucy on Instagram @lucyarts1
- Level: Beginner - no prior experience necessary.
You will need (list of suggested products):
- Manuscript Callicreative Coloured Double-Tip Marker Pens OR Duotip Marker Pens
- Manuscript Calligraphy Metallic Callicreative Markers, Gold / Silver
- Card OR good quality paper 200gsm+ (Ideally A4 to fold in half to make A5 cards but size is at your discretion)
- Paint brushes OR old make up brushes
- Black tea/coffee OR Watercolour paints (Options: Derwent Academy Watercolour Wooden Box Set, Derwent Watercolour Collection Tin)
- Please note: The list above contains brand product suggestions but please use similar items that you may already have at home.
Preparation before the session:
- Prepare black tea/coffee in advance of the session. This is for staining the card/paper.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the session.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there will be no prep time during the session.
What you’ll learn and make in the session:
- Learn Arabic Calligraphy with 'Faux' lettering using non traditional materials.
- Make cards saying 'Eid Mubarak' in Arabic Art Form Calligraphy and Modern Calligraphy.
- You should have a finished Eid card by the end of the session. If you do not complete the project during the session you should have the skills and techniques to continue making your Eid Card/s in your own time.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. One week before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.