Expert calligrapher, Alice Mazzilli will start the session by taking you through the rich history of calligraphy. Then, using Manuscript's best selling Dodec Fountain Pen, Alice will take you through the skills of learning the complete Italic alphabet which can be adapted to general handwriting.
Follow Alice on Instagram @alicemazzilli
What you will need for the workshop:
- Dodec Fountain Pen Set
Preparation before the workshop:
- This is a complete beginner's workshop so no specific skills are required beforehand.
- PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend that you get your fountain pen ready before the workshop so you are ready to start. Please load the ink cartridge and ensure the ink is flowing by practicing strokes.
- PLEASE NOTE: A Calligraphy Latin Alphabet handout will be provided in advance, which takes you through the history of calligraphy, letter practice and a full alphabet to refer to.
- You will receive a link to download this handout in your Reminder Emails in advance of the workshop. If you do not receive this by 10am, Monday 25 January, please email email@example.com
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the workshop:
- You will learn an italic alphabet with additional practice exercises provided.
- You will then have the skills to complete the project in full, following the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join, but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&Cs for more information.