Join CARiFiT and Ergobaby UK for a session on postnatal wellbeing and exercise.
- The session will start with a postnatal wellbeing check-in with Dr Stephanie Ooi (@the_gp_mum) and CARiFiT founder & postnatal fitness expert Vern Hill (@cari_fit), who will discuss the benefits of being active as a new parent. Our hosts will focus on how mums can safely and appropriately return to exercise following birth, offering advice on what to consider before exercising again. Dr Stephanie will share her medical expertise to arm you with the knowledge and advice you need to return to working out post-pregnancy.
- Vern will then lead you through an introductory CARiFiT workout, encouraging you to experience the uplifting, energising and mood-boosting results of a babywearing workout. Unlike other postnatal fitness methods, CARiFiT’s signature Cardio And Resistance Interval workouts focus on carefully and safely re-engaging the major postnatal muscle groups quickly and effectively. By mimicking everyday movements but with the added resistance of the weight of your baby, this is a workout designed to strengthen your body and improve your energy levels, fitness and mindset, all whilst keeping your baby close enough to kiss.
At the end of the session, there will be a Q&A opportunity, where Vern will answer any fitness and babywearing questions.
CARiFiT is the only dedicated postnatal fitness company to be actively signposted in the Royal College of GP’s lifestyle and activity toolkit. Supported by independent scientific research, CARiFiT has proven physical, mental, emotional and wellbeing benefits and has also been applauded for its positive impact on the parent and child bonding experience. CARiFiT is proud to be the official fitness partner to Ergobaby UK & Ireland, the award-winning baby carrier brand.
About Ergobaby UK:
Babywearing makes parents and carers’ lives easier by allowing them to get on with life hands free, whilst keeping their babies safe, comfortable and in close contact - which benefits both their physical and emotional development! Ergobaby’s mission is to empower families to bond, grow, and thrive by creating premium baby products with comfort in mind, while never compromising on function and quality.
Preparation Before The Session:
- Please have a pen and paper to hand if you’d like to make notes.
- Please have hand weights or similar items (e.g. water bottles or food cans) ready if you’d like to use them during the workout.
- We recommend feeding your baby roughly 20 minutes prior to the start of the class.
- We recommend your baby wear a single layer of clothing such as a bodysuit or sleepsuit.
Please note; This workout will be suitable for anyone who has had their postnatal check following the birth of their baby. For this workout we encourage all new parents to wear their baby in a TICKS safe position. Check your TICKS position guide HERE.
- Also, exclusively for those who sign up and attend this session, we’ll be sending a ‘save £10 on all Ergobaby products’ offer to you after the event. Plus, CARiFiT will provide a discount on their membership for attendees too.
- Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
- Please note we may record this session for internal purposes only.
- You'll need to be a my John Lewis member to book a ticket to this event. If you aren't a member, it's easy to join. Simply click here to get started.