Learn contemporary embroidery techniques with textile artist Lucy Freeman.
In this session you will learn how to use four simple stitches in a painterly style, to create a beautiful floral design.
Lucy Freeman recently launched her brand exclusively at John Lewis and now teaches many sessions across the UK. She even used to be a partner at John Lewis herself!
To find out more, follow her Instagram account @lucyfreeman_design
- Level: Beginner. No other previous experience necessary.
You will need:
- 5” Yellow Blossom Embroidery Kit. Price: £20. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
- Kit includes: embroidery hoop, needle, pre-printed fabric, embroidery thread and instructions.
Preparation before the session:
- Prepare the fabric within your hoop according to the instructions on the basics sheet provided in the kit.
- Read through and familiarise yourself with the basics sheet.
- Thread your needle with three strands of lime green (threads are already cut to the correct length in the kit, so they don't need to be trimmed).
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the session:
- The basics of preparing your hoop, threading the needle, and splitting embroidery threads.
- Lucy’s four contemporary embroidery stitches: Line, Fill, Dot and Dash stitch.
- You will embroider a leaf and flower along with Lucy, which will cover all the skills and techniques you need to then complete your embroidery after the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. One week before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.