Using Derwent Procolour Pencils and accessories, professional artist and illustrator Judith Selcuk will be guiding you through a simple art project to help you take a quality break from homeschooling or work in your Monday lunchtime.
Judith will be creating a colourful mandala pattern to demonstrate different shading and finishing techniques in colour pencil - helping you start the week with a calming and fun activity.
This workshop is aimed at adult beginners, but suitable for the whole family.
What you will need for the workshop:
- Derwent Procolour 12 Set, Derwent Procolour 24 Set, OR any other colour pencils
- Derwent A4 Sketch Pad or any A4 white paper
- Any graphite pencil
- Any sharpener
Additional equipment/materials OPTIONAL:
- Derwent Blender/Burnisher Set (this will be featured in part of the workshop but isn't essential)
Level: Beginner - suitable for adults, teenagers and children with no prior art experience required.
Preparation before the workshop:
- An outline of the mandala design will be provided ahead of the workshop so you can print out and bring along.
- You will receive the mandala design in your Reminder Emails in advance of the workshop. If you do not receive this by 10am, Monday 18 January, please email email@example.com
- If you don't have a printer we recommend you copy the design onto paper before the workshop begins.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn in the workshop:
- Shading and finishing techniques possible with colour pencils and accessories.
- Features and benefits of Derwent Procolour Pencils and accessories.
- Children can draw-along using flat colour.
What will you make in the workshop:
- You will finish the workshop having created a large, colourful mandala pattern design on A4 paper.
- If you do not finish, you should have the shading and finishing techniques to continue creating a colourful mandala pattern following the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join, but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&Cs for more information.