Using Derwent Line Makers, professional artist and illustrator Judith Selcuk will be exploring how to build confidence as a complete art novice.
Judith will be demonstrating how to draw a Lily and why starting in permanent ink can help beginners to shake off the self-doubt and discover there are no mistakes in the learning journey.
This session is suitable for adults and teenagers keen to jump into the world of art for the first time.
What you will need for the workshop:
- Derwent Line Makers Colour 6 Set, Derwent Line Makers Black 6 Set, or any other fineliners
- Derwent A4 Sketch Pad or any A4 white paper
Level: Beginner - suitable for adults and teenagers with no prior art experience
Preparation before the workshop:
- While most of the techniques demonstrated will be possible to replicate with any pen, we recommend you equip yourself with fineliner pens specifically.
- A reference image of a Lily will be provided ahead of the workshop so you can print out and bring along. PLEASE NOTE: This is not essential for participation.
- You will receive a link to download the reference image in your Reminder Emails in advance of the workshop. If you do not receive this by 2pm, Monday 1 February, please email email@example.com
- You may wish to know ahead of the workshop that Derwent Line Makers are permanent.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the workshop:
- Drawing and cross-hatching techniques possible with fineliner pens.
- Features and benefits of Derwent Line Makers.
- You will finish the workshop having drawn a lily on A4 paper.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join, but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&Cs for more information.