This workshop will help you to incorporate recipes into your repertoire that both baby or toddler and parents can enjoy. Mealtimes should be fun and enjoyable for the whole family and we’re here to help you get your little one used to eating freshly prepared home-cooked meals and snacks.
A chef from Waitrose Cookery School will show you how to make fishcakes, risotto or porridge for all the family. Our aim is to help make meal preparation as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
What you'll learn
- Safe basic knife skills
- How to panè (coat in breadcrumbs) fishcakes
- How to make risotto
Makes: 4 large or 8 small fishcakes / 4 portions of porridge / 4 portions of risotto
Duration: This class will last approximately 2 hours
Prepare Ahead: 150g of mashed potato from the 2 large potatoes, allow to cool and store in a lidded container in the fridge until ready to use. Grate Cheddar cheese.
Fruit & Veg - Prepare ahead by washing fruit & vegetables, but no need to peel and chop.
- 1 small banana
- 30g blueberries
- 1/2 leek
- 50g frozen or tinned sweetcorn
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 slice cooked ham
- 200g fresh salmon fillet
- 300ml whole milk
- 45g unsalted butter, divided into 15g & 30g
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 50g porridge oats
- 2 tsp raisins
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 500ml hot, low sodium chicken stock
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g risotto rice
- 2 medium saucepans, for risotto and porridge
- Frying pan or baking tray, for cooking fishcakes
- Baking paper
- 2 Wooden spoons
- Spoons for tasting
- Forks for flaking fish and beating eggs
- Chef’s knife
- Chopping board
- Potato masher
- 3 bowls for panè
- Lidded containers
- Cup - Our favourite cup
- Children's serving plate & cutlery - Our favourite bowl and plate set
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
- Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
- You'll need to be a My John Lewis or my Waitrose member to book a ticket to this event. If you aren't a member, it's easy to join.
- Please note we may record this session for internal purposes.
- Please note terms and conditions apply.