Using Derwent Coloursoft and Metallic pencils, add a little personal sparkle to your parcels and presents.
Artist and illustrator, Claudine O’Sullivan will be focusing on observational drawing techniques to illustrate winter foliage which she’ll be using to decorate Christmas wrap.
Please see the full list of items that Claudine will be using throughout the session:
- 4/5 sheets of A3 sized black paper: Claudine will be starting with warm up exercises on sheets of paper, then moving onto the wrap, so please have sheets available or a roll that can be cut.
- 1 x white pencil
- 4 x coloured pencils: Colours will depend on the foliage you are drawing, Claudine will talk through choosing a palette of colours and will be using greens, red and silver
- A small box to wrap: Claudine will be using a box sized at 15x15x5cm which will be easily wrapped using the A3 sized paper. Please choose your own size paper and box/item accordingly and ensure the size paper comfortably wraps the box/item
- Foliage to draw: Claudine will be drawing eucalyptus and festive berries during the session
Please note: This will be a creative approach workshop rather than a rigid step by step. We have listed what Claudine will be using but please do choose your own foliage, colours, box/item size and paper you would like to use.
In the session you will learn techniques that you can then use on a variety of papers post event. The session will provide you with a good starting point to then continue and finish decorating your wrapping after the session.
Claudine has posted more information about the details of the workshop at the links below:
Preparation in advance of the session:
- Ensure you order any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&C’s for more information.