Using an array of Derwent sketching products and accessories, professional artist and illustrator Judith Selcuk will be demonstrating useful techniques in graphite through simple studies of fur and feathers.
Aimed at adult beginners, Judith will be covering foundation skills in observation, blending, layering and erasing. Learn how to create realistic renders for use in your art projects.
- Level: Beginner - suitable for adults with no prior art experience.
You will need:
- Derwent USB Eraser. Price: £25. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
- Derwent A4 Sketch Pad or any A4 white paper
- Any sharpener
- And ONE of the following: Derwent Precision Pencil, Derwent Sketching Pencils, Derwent Graphic Pencils or any graphite pencil
Preparation before the session:
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the session:
- Features and benefits of Derwent Precision Pencils and Derwent USB Eraser.
- The session will focus on practicing techniques and you will finish having drawn a number of studies on A4 paper rather than a final piece of artwork. You can continue to practice these techniques after the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. One week before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.