In this class you will learn how to perfect a classic chocolate cupcake and then transform them into festive robins using different decorating skills, including piping.
What you’ll take away:
- Safe, basic mixing skills
- Balancing of flavours and textures
- Piping skills
Serves: Makes 12 cupcakes
Duration: This session lasts approx. 1 hour.
- 175g unsalted butter (divided into 150g softened & 25g chilled)
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 35g Green & Black's organic cocoa powder
- 275g Fondant icing sugar (sifted)
- 10g tube Dr. Oetker gel food colour bright red
- 24 brown or yellow Smarties
- 1 x 26g Cadbury curly wurly, cut into 24 triangles
- 12 Cook's home baking fudge chunks
- 24 Cooks home baking chocolate beans
- 12 paper muffin cases
- Muffin tray
- Metal spoon for stirring
- Wire rack
- Chopping board
- Small knife
- Palette knife
- Small saucepan
- Electric hand whisk, or stand mixer with whisk attachment
- Silicone spatula
- Wooden spoon
- 2 large bowls
- 1 small mixing bowl
- Small bowl (made of glass or pyrex/heat proof material)
- Table/Dessert spoon, for mixing and spooning
- 2 x disposable piping bags
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.