In this class you'll be shown how to work with puff pastry, cutting and shaping it into delicious homemade sausage rolls with a festive twist. You will be making a filling using fresh herbs, dried fruit and spices which you will then use in the sausage rolls before glazing and baking. You'll be taught about how to store and keep them and serving suggestions as well as other ideas to make using your puff pastry.
What you’ll take away:
- Safe, basic knife skills
- Mixing, seasoning and how to store
- Balancing of flavours and textures
Serves: Makes 12 sausage rolls
Duration: This session lasts approx. 1 hour.
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 orange
- 450g pork sausages (veggie sausages for vegetarian option)
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 30g dried cranberries (dried cherries or apricots)
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp fennel (sesame or nigella seeds)
- Salt and pepper
- Chopping board
- Small knife or scissors
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 microplane or box grater
- Some table/dessert spoons, for mixing
- 2 baking trays
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.