Make a delicious and impressive homemade classic turkey and mushroom pie to share with your family using leftover cooked roast turkey or chicken. You will be shown how to work with filo pastry and make a fun filo pastry lid for your pie and a step by step guide on how to make a perfect turkey or chicken filling. The class will include knife skills and hob work, perfect for a budding chef. For this recipe you'll need to have some leftover roast turkey or cooked turkey or chicken ready to use and be transformed into a truly delicious dish.
What you’ll take away:
- Safe, basic knife skills and pan work
- Step by step, how to make your classic sauce and filling
- Use of filo pastry, and how to cut, shape and glaze it
- A great recipe to use up leftover roast turkey or chicken
Serves: Makes 1 large pie, serves 4
Duration: This session lasts approx. 1 hour.
- 1 medium leek
- 250g button, chestnut or cup mushrooms
- 3 sprigs tarragon
- Optional to serve, green beans, broccoli or spinach
- 400g cold roast turkey or chicken
- 55g butter split into 25g and 30g
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 15ml olive oil
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 400g butternut squash and peas
- Chopping board
- Small knife
- Slotted spoon or sieve
- Large saucepan
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Ovenproof dish roughly 20 x 30cm
- Pastry brush
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.