In this friendly, fun and interactive class one of the chefs from Waitrose Cookery School will take you step by step through how to create delicious fresh fish tacos.
You will be taught basic knife skills and be shown how to prepare the fish and marinade. You’ll then learn how to make a flavour-packed salsa. During the class we will teach a fantastic selection of cookery skills which can be used time and time again.
Parental supervision may be required for:
- Using a small knife to slice and chop
- Using a zester
- Using a peeler
- Using the oven
- Testing whether the fish is cooked
What you'll learn:
- Simple fish preparation
- Basic knife skills
- How to marinade
Serves / Makes: 4 people / 12 tacos
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
Prepare ahead instructions: Don’t forget to have your ingredients weighed out ready to cook-along with us
Shopping list (serves 4 / makes 12 tacos)
Fruit & Veg - Prepare ahead by washing fruit & vegetables, but no need to peel and chop
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 28g pack coriander
- 2 limes
- 2 x 240g cod fillets
- 100ml soured cream
- 12 soft flour tacos (such as Gran Luchito Mexican Street Tacos Tortilla Wraps or Santa Maria Supersoft Plain Flour Tortillas)
- Sriracha chilli sauce or sweet chilli paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Chermoula Paste. Alternatively you can use Cooks' Ingredients Chipotle Paste
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 2 small bowls for serving chilli sauce and soured cream
- Lemon juicer (optional)
- Fine grater for zesting the lime (or a zester)
- Spoons for mixing and stirring
- 2 baking or roasting trays
- Baking parchment
- Tin foil
- Cling film or food storage containers to cover fish
- Tongs or slotted spatula to serve the fish
- 2 chopping boards, one for fish prep and one for vegetable prep
- Small sharp knife
- 4 plates for serving
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
- Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
- You'll need to be a My John Lewis or my Waitrose member to book a ticket to this event. If you aren't a member, it's easy to join.
- Please note we may record this session for internal purposes.
- Please note terms and conditions apply.