Do your kids love getting creative in the kitchen? In this class they’ll learn how to mix up simple chocolate cupcakes, and while they bake we’ll show them how to make buttercream icing and hair-raising monster eyeball decorations.
While the cupcakes cool, we’ll demonstrate how to finish the monster decorations for your perfect Halloween treat at home.
- Learn to make chocolate cupcakes
- Mix up buttercream icing
- Make fun cupcake decorations
- Discover how to use different flavours
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
Prepare ahead: Please have all your ingredients weighed out and ready along with the equipment you’ll need.
Shopping List (makes 12):
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200g caster sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 large free range eggs
- 100g white fondant icing
- 12 brown chocolate M&Ms
- 250g icing sugar
- Red & green liquid food colouring
- Oven preheated to 150ºC fan, 170ºC conventional, gas mark 3
- Cupcake or muffin tin lined with cases
- Piping bag
- Spatulas or wooden spoons
- 2 large mixing bowls
- Measuring jug
- Cocktail sticks
- Electric hand whisk (optional)
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&C’s for more information