In this workshop you will learn how to create classic Mexican quesadillas with a tasty filling. One of our expert chefs will also teach you how to adjust the ingredients to suit your taste, and how to pan fry safely. To accompany your quesadilla, you’ll discover how to make a simple avocado salsa.
Parental supervision may be required for:
- Using a fork to mash ingredients
- Using a small knife to slice and chop
- Dividing mixture and filling wraps
- Using a pan over the hob
- Turning the quesadillas over using 2 plates
What you’ll learn:
- Master safe, basic knife skills
- Pan fry safely
- Make a quesadilla with a filling and salsa
- Learn how to adjust seasonings
Serves: 2 to 4 people
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
Prepare ahead instructions: Don’t forget to have your ingredients weighed out ready to cook-along with us, all preparation will be done as part of the class.
Shopping list (serves 2- 4)
Fruit & Veg - Prepare ahead by washing fruit & vegetables, but no need to peel and chop
- 3 limes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 salad onions
- 5g fresh (or frozen) coriander
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 400g can mixed bean salad in water, drained, rinsed
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn, drained, tinned sweetcorn or frozen
- 2 tsp chipotle chilli paste or Mexican trio of chilli paste
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 4 corn or flour wraps/tortillas
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 chopping board
- 1 small knife
- 1 fork or potato masher
- Spoons for mixing and tasting
- Large non stick frying pan (preferable)
- Spatula or fish slice
- 2 dinner size plates (same size or larger than the wraps)
- 1 baking tray
- Serving plates
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
- Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
- You'll need to be a My John Lewis or my Waitrose member to book a ticket to this event. If you aren't a member, it's easy to join.
- Please note we may record this session for internal purposes.
- Please note terms and conditions apply.