In this workshop, you will learn the secrets of making a light and fluffy pancake using creamy ricotta.
To top your pancakes, we’ll show you how to make some delicious sticky maple apples. We’ll also discuss other serving suggestions for the perfect pancake breakfast.
Parental supervision may be required for:
- Using a zester
- Using a peeler
- Using the hob to make pancakes
- Using the hob to fry apples and make a sauce
What you'll learn:
- Making smooth batter
- Master safe, basic knife skills
- Safe and reliable pan frying methods
Makes: Makes 16 small pancakes
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
- 3 eating apples, peeled, cored & quartered
- 1 lemon
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 200ml milk
- 75g butter
- 1 egg
- 200ml maple syrup
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 2 mixing bowls
- Balloon whisk or fork
- Small pan to melt butter
- Wooden spoon
- Microplane or fine citrus zester
- Palette knife, turner or spatula for flipping
- Serving plates
- Chopping board
- Butter knife
- 2 Dessert spoons
- Large frying pan, non stick if possible
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.