In this class you'll be shown how to make fromage frais pastry, cutting and shaping it into delicious homemade sausage rolls. You will be making a filling using fresh herbs and spices which you will then use in the sausage rolls before glazing and baking. You'll be taught about how to store them and serving suggestions, as well as other ideas to make using your fromage frais pastry.
What you'll take away:
- Master safe, basic knife skills
- Learn how to make a simple pastry
- Learn about different herbs and spices
Makes: Makes 12 rolls
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
- A few sprigs each of thyme, rosemary and sage or 3 tsp of dried herbs
- 150g sausage meat or pork mince (veggie sausages for vegetarian option)
- 125g unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 85g fromage frais
- 30g soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp sesame or nigella seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 125g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- Chopping board
- Small knife or scissors
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Some table or dessert spoons, for mixing
- 2 baking trays
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper and cling film
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.