Earn serious brownie points by creating delicious treats with the help of our expert Waitrose & Partners Cookery School chefs.
Learn how to bake very simple yet delicious blondies. We'll teach you how to caramelise white chocolate to deepen its flavour and balance its sweetness, then we'll complement this with crunchy nuts to create a final, fudgey bake.
Parental supervision may be required for:
- Using a small knife to chop
- Using the hob
- Using the oven
What to expect:
- Make delicious treats.
- Develop your baking skills.
- Learn how to caramelise white chocolate to deepen the flavour.
Serves/Makes: Makes 16
Duration: This class will last approximately 1 hour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g pecans (or: peanuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts; or a handful of freeze dried raspberries)
- 100g white chocolate
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar (muscovado, if possible)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 125g plain flour
- 125g self raising flour (or 125g plain flour with an additional 1 tsp baking powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Baking tray
- Brownie tin / 21cm square baking tin
- Medium saucepan
- Chopping board
- Bread knife
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Parchment paper
- Oven preheated to 170°C fan, gas mark 5
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.