In this session best-selling author and crochet designer Kerry Lord will teach you everything you need to know to make your own Mini Eleanor the Labrador.
Aimed at complete beginners, you will use your TOFT kit to start making your Labrador. In the session you will learn all the key techniques, including how to get started, work the double crochet stitch, decrease and fasten off. Kerry will also share her expertise on how to assemble your completed toy.
The techniques you learn in this workshop will enable you to make any of the animals, birds or dolls from Kerry Lord’s crochet books.
By purchasing a ticket for the event you will be entered into a prize draw to win a signed copy of Kerry's popular book 'Edwards Menagerie' so you will be able to continue on your crochet journey.
- Level: Beginner - no prior experience needed.
- If you are a total beginner we would recommend you familiarise yourself with the yarn and the hook prior to the session, but this is not essential.
You will need:
- TOFT Mini Eleanor the Labrador Crochet Kit. Price £15. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
- Kit includes: 25g of TOFT DK wool in ‘Oatmeal’, 3mm Crochet Hook, Sewing up needle, Toy stuffing, Crochet pattern for Mini Eleanor the Labrador, a length of black yarn for the eyes and nose.
- Pair of sharp scissors
Preparation before the session:
- Get the contents of the box out and remove labels from yarn.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the session.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the session.
What you will learn and make in the session:
- You will make the body of the mini Labrador in this session. This will cover all necessary techniques and is a great starting point. You will then be able to complete the project after the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. One week before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.