Learn how to start weaving with Claire Gelder, a craft kit designer and owner of Wool Couture. Claire will take you through this crafting technique step by step on a rectangular loom and will share lots of tips and tricks along the way - teaching you new skills and crafting something beautiful.
You will need to purchase ONE of these two kits:
- Wool Couture Ocean Weaving Kit - ocean colourway (exclusive to this workshop only). Price: £25. CLICK HERE TO BUY
- Wool Couture Weaving Loom And Small Weaving Craft Kit - pastel colourway. Price: £25. CLICK HERE TO BUY
Additional equipment required:
- Pair of sharp scissors
Level: Beginner - no prior experience needed.
Preparation before the workshop:
- PLEASE NOTE: You will need to warp the loom in preparation for the workshop. Please read the instruction book carefully within the kit, to understand how to do this.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the workshop:
- By the end of the workshop, you will have learned how to weave, using a variety of techniques on a rectangular loom.
- You will then have the skills to complete the project after the workshop.
- You can re-use the looms to make wall hangings, decorations, small cushions and more - the opportunities are endless.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&C’s for more information.