Longstock Park Spring Walk
Take a spring walk with one of our guides through the private grounds of Longstock Park and Water Gardens.
You will find out more about the history of the Estate and the founder of the John Lewis Partnership. The walk will take you from the Farm Shop downhill past Longstock House and through the arboretum. On arrival at the water gardens you will be given the opportunity to explore this hidden gem nestled in the Test Valley. The water garden team will be on hand to answer any questions about the gardens, its history and the array of many plants and trees.
You will then return through Longstock Park to the Leckford Farm Shop and Cafe. Here you can enjoy seasonal treats from our cafe's seasonal menu and browse our gifting range at the Farm Shop and Nursery.
- The route to and from the Water Gardens is approximately 1 mile. The Water Gardens cover 6 acres - explore as much as you wish. There are plenty of benches and a small summerhouse for rest and contemplation.
- This Spring Walk is fully outdoors with very limited shelter. The terrain includes slopes and uneven ground and is likely to be wet and slippery. Please ensure you wear suitable footwear and clothing. Participation is at visitors’ own risk.
- We regret that the route through Longstock Park is currently not suitable for buggies, mobility scooters or wheelchairs. However, the Water Gardens have level gravel paths and most areas are fully accessible (though grass paths will likely be wet). Please enquire for further details.
- Parking: Free parking at the Farm Shop & Cafe
- Refreshments: Available to purchase at the Farm Shop and Cafe
- Toilets: Accessible toilets at Farm Shop & Cafe and at Water Gardens
- Cancellation: We will endeavour to ensure all walks take place; however, we may need to cancel if the weather makes conditions unsafe. You will be notified by email or phone as soon as possible and receive a full refund.
- Dogs: Sorry, dogs are not allowed, with the exception of assistance dogs.