Make an alternative Christmas Tree for the festive season. Our beautiful Scandi-inspired tree is made with natural wooden beads that will certainly create a centre piece for any special room.
This workshop by Wool Couture is aimed at an intermediate level because it is a lengthy rather than complex pattern, but also perfectly achievable by a determined novice as the only knots used are larks head, clove hitch and square. In the workshop you will learn all of the knots and techniques you require to complete your project.
What you'll need:
You will need to purchase one of our kits prior to the event, to make the most out of the workshop:
- Wool Couture Macrame Christmas Tree Craft Kit, Cream
- Wool Couture Macrame Christmas Tree Craft Kit, Green
**Both kits are now in stock, so buy now to avoid disappointment.**
- 120 metres of 3mm macrame rope
- 55 wooden beads
- S hook
- ‘How to’ Macrame Guide
- Macrame Christmas tree pattern
The finished macrame Christmas tree will be over 90cm in length and can be spot-cleaned.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND PREPARATION in advance of the session:
- Complete everything up until step number 2 in your instructions, including having cut ALL of the macrame cord detailed in the instructions.
- Have the macrame tree in a position, preferably hung from the ’s' hook and ready to work. The project will be much harder to do laying flat.
- Before the workshop please have a look at this video…this shows you how to make a clove hitch knot which is used throughout the project: https://youtu.be/O2Dxtt3aNtk
- In this session you will learn how to start the macrame Christmas tree and will cover all of the knots and techniques that you require to complete the tree after the session.
- Ensure you order any relevant products and materials from JohnLewis.com to reach you in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&C’s for more information.