Learn how to make an (almost) good enough to eat mince pie using a variety of beginner needle felting techniques and British wool.
Purchase your Hawthorn Handmade Mince Pie Needle Felting Kit HERE in advance and follow along with Stephanie Carswell, founder and Creative Director of Hawthorne Handmade to make your felted mince pie. Plus you can add a ribbon to turn your mince pie into a hanging bauble.
With over 10 years of needle felting expertise, Stephanie will also share her top tips and tricks along the way,
You'll finish knowing all the basics to needle felting and you’ll have the skills and technique to complete the project in your own time.
Level: Suitable for beginners and for ages 10+.
To follow along, you will need:
- Hawthorn Handmade Mince Pie Needle Felting Kit. Price: £12.00. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
- Sharp pair of scissors.
- Needle and thread - to add the hanging ribbon (ribbon is included in the kit).
- Block of foam or sponge to work on.
Preparation before the session:
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Have all your equipment and materials ready to go, as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
- Please note terms and conditions apply.
- Our events are exclusive to members of My John Lewis. If you’re not already a member, it’s easy to join.
- Joining an online experience: Our Online Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Online Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.