In this craft-along workshop you’ll be using the Jaimie pattern from Tilly and the Buttons, complete with elasticated waist and optional drawstring tie.
Your teacher will be best selling sewing author Tilly Walnes, founder of the award-winning pattern company Tilly and the Buttons. Tilly’s teaching style is beginner-friendly, down-to-earth and packed full of sewing tips - she loves sewing and wants you to love it too!
This workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those looking for a refresher, but you will need to know how to use a sewing machine and cut fabric. The pattern includes 11 womenswear sizes, from UK 4-24. The extra small size is perfect for younger people who want to give sewing a try.
You will need:
- Jaimie pyjama pattern click here
- A light to medium-weight woven fabric such as cotton lawn, shirting, quilting cotton, flannel, double gauze or viscose (rayon) - see the back of the pattern for the amount you need. Browse John Lewis cotton fabrics here
- Matching thread
- Your low waist measurement in 25mm and 1in wide elastic (or you can leave it out and make the drawstring instead)
- Two large safety pins
- A small scrap of iron-on interfacing (optional for drawstring version)
- Sewing machine and basic tools (including a buttonhole foot for drawstring version). An overedge or overcast foot is useful for finishing the seams if you don’t have an overlocker.
- A steam iron and ironing board
Please make sure you choose your pattern size and cut out your fabric in advance so we can get on with the sewing part during the workshop. If you’re not sure what size to cut, check out this blog post on Jaimie sizing and fitting click here.
Tickets are £10 and you'll be treated to a £10 voucher to spend on Tilly & The Buttons after the event. T&Cs and exclusions apply.
Tickets are limited, so book your space now.
When: Wednesday 28 October
Time: 6pm - 8pm
Location: Your home
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org