This one hour class is the perfect follow-on for anyone who attended our Sewing Machine Beginners workshop with MakeryKate. Or, if you know the basics on a sewing machine but you'd like a brush-up, this workshop will give you the confidence boost you're looking for.
MakeryKate will teach you how to make a 'cafe-style' apron, perfect for gardening, DIY, BBQ or baking! And you'll have the opportunity at the end to ask any sewing-related questions you may have.
- Level: Beginner - Intermediate.
Aimed at customers who have recently got a machine, have learned the basics, and now looking for a new project. Or those who would like a refresh and make a not too tricky project.
You will need:
- Suitable for all domestic sewing machines
- Bobbin (included with your sewing machine)
- Sewing Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Heavy-weight cotton or linen fabric (denim would be ideal): 40cm x 50cm
- Contrast fabric for pockets: 25cm x 50cm
- Cotton herringbone tape, webbing or ribbon (around 4cm wide): 1.5m long
Preparation before the session:
- You will need to pre-cut each piece of fabric as per the size instructions above.
- You will need to set your sewing machine up at a table and plug it in.
- Ensure you purchase any relevant products and materials in advance of the event.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop.
What you will learn and make in the session:
- Customers will learn to construct an apron covering techniques such as: hemming, edging and making pockets.
- Customers will make an apron in the session. If you do not finish, you will have the skills and techniques to complete the project after the session.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. One week before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.