You'll learn how to whisk up the perfect spiced chocolate sponge, make an indulgent orange curd filling and a dark chocolate orange ganache. You'll also learn how to roll and and decorate your yule log.
What you’ll take away:
- Learn to make a whisked sponge
- Making an orange curd
- Rolling and decorating a yule log
Serves: Makes 1 yule log.
Duration: This class lasts approx. 2 hours.
- 200ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature (divided into 25g each)
- 125g mascarpone
- 7 large eggs, (6 eggs separated, 1 left whole)
- 205g caster sugar (Divided into 150g & 55g)
- 50g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon (Divided into 1tbsp and 1/2tbsp)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg (Divided into 1/2tsp and 1/4tsp)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 200g Waitrose no.1 dark chocolate with spiced orange
- 50g White chocolate
- 1 Orange
- 30ml lemon juice (around 1 lemon)
- Stand mixer with whisk attachment or electric hand whisk
- Swiss roll tin (25cmx35cm)
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Sharp knife
- Large board
- Zester or fine grater
- Wooden spoon
- Balloon whisk
- Pallete knife
- Rubber spatula
- Baking Parchment
About your instructor: You’ll be led through this class with one of our experienced chefs from the Waitrose Cookery School.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note: T&C’s apply.