Join Christine Leech, author of Zero Waste Gift Wrap, and be inspired to make your own present toppers from old items of clothing and your fabric stash.
What you'll learn:
In the first part of the session, Christine will be showing you a selection of ideas for giving your gift wrapping that extra special finishing touch with ideas for a variety of present toppers from her book Zero Waste Gift Wrap.
In the second part of the session, she will be demonstrating how to make tassels from old t-shirts and then you’ll also be able to join in with a fun fabric pom pom tutorial. Follow Christine on Instagram @sewyeah
What you'll need:
- Thin fabrics - linens, cottons and silks
- A pom pom maker
If you don't have a pom pom maker please use:
- An A4 piece of card (cereal box thickness is fine)
- A tin can to draw around.
Preparation in advance of the session:
- Ensure you order any relevant products and materials from JohnLewis.com to reach you in advance of the event or via Click and Collect.
- Ensure you have all your equipment, materials and assets ready to go as there is no preparation time in the workshop
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days before your Virtual Experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.
Please note this workshop might be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Please see T&C’s for more information.