Our homes are a true reflection of who we are and our surroundings can have a big impact on how we feel. Tackling a home project, whether big or small, can feel daunting and make you reluctant to take the first steps towards designing your ideal home.
Join our Home Design Stylists Gabbie and Emma as they take you through the processes and steps they take when starting their own home design projects. They’ll share their knowledge, tips and tricks and show you how to compile ideas to create your own moodboard - whether you choose to do this digitally or from samples, paint charts and personal possessions. Their easy-to-follow guidance will enable you to confidently address even the most challenging project.
About your instructors:
Gabbie loves combining patterns and vibrant colours and helping customers to create spaces that fill them with real joy.
Emma enjoys using her creativity to support customers in bringing their ideas to life and creating spaces they’ll truly love.
- How to get started and find inspiration for your project with a step-by-step guide.
- How to create a moodboard to consolidate ideas both digitally and with objects from within your home.
- How to select colours to enhance your space and room orientation.
- How to make the most of your windows: how to dress the window, fabric options, curtain headings and solutions for tricky spaces.
- How to select the right fabric choices for your furniture.
- How to choose the right furniture pieces for your space.
- How to incorporate old favourites into new designs.
- How to decide on flooring options for a variety of spaces.
- How to accessorise and add the finishing touches to complete your project.
Joining a virtual experience: Our Virtual Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Before your Virtual Experience we’ll send you full details on how to join.
You'll need to be a My John Lewis member to book a ticket to this event. If you aren't a member, it's easy to join. Simply click here to get started.
Please note we may record this session for internal purposes only.
Please note terms and conditions apply.