Discover the fundamentals of wine tasting live in your living room in this online exploration session. For £35 per person, we’ll deliver six miniature bottles of wine, one sparkling, one rosé, two white and two red (subject to change) to your home and guide you through the different notes of each one. Our expert will be on hand to answer any questions you may have, as well as offer up recommendations based on which wines you enjoyed.
- Learn the basics of wine tasting in a private session with your friends and family during a 2 hour virtual session.
- Try six of our recommended wines at home.
- Ask any questions you may have to a WSET qualified specialist.
About your instructor
All our specialists are qualified with at least a level 2 WSET (Wine Spirit and Educational Trust). All of our specialists have a great knowledge and are truly passionate about getting Waitrose customers to explore different wines. They will be happy to give you recommendations as to what you and your guests may like based on your preferences. Plus, answer any questions you may have about various bottles hiding around the house.
What you’ll need
- The six miniature bottles and glassware that will be sent directly to each participant.
- A table or flat surface to place your wine bottles, glasses and tech device to log on.
- If you’d like to snack during the session, we’d recommend having some cheese and charcuterie prepared - we’ll let you know which wine goes well with your food and why (we can send you a list of suggestions prior to your event).
Please note that we require at least 6 participants per session, with the minimum purchase being for 6 people at £210.
If you wish to purchase more than 10 tickets for your event, please email email@example.com
These sessions will be private for you and your group only.
Please make sure you have filled out the names and addresses of all those attending so we can send the wine kits out directly and promptly.
You will be sent a link prior to your event in which you and your participants can access the virtual tasting.
Please note that this experience is only for customers aged 18 and over. Anyone who looks under 25 and cannot present a valid ID will be unable to proceed with the experience.
Please see T&Cs for more information.
Any questions regarding this experience please message: