Discover the fundamentals of wine tasting live in your living room in this online exploration session.
For £35 per person, we’ll deliver six miniature bottles of wine, one sparkling, one rosé, two white and two red* to your home and guide you through the different notes of each one. Our expert will be on hand to answer any questions you may have, as well as offer up recommendations based on which wines you enjoyed.
*Subject to change.
- Learn the basics of wine tasting in a private session with your friends and family during a 2 hour virtual session.
- Try six of our recommended wines at home.
- Ask any questions you may have to a WSET qualified specialist.
About your instructor:
- All our specialists are qualified with at least a level 2 WSET (Wine Spirit and Educational Trust). All of our specialists have a great knowledge and are truly passionate about getting Waitrose customers to explore different wines. They will be happy to give you recommendations as to what you and your guests may like based on your preferences. Plus, answer any questions you may have about various bottles hiding around the house.
What you’ll need:
- The six miniature bottles and glassware that will be sent directly to each participant.
- A table or flat surface to place your wine bottles, glasses and tech device to log on.
- If you’d like to snack during the session, we’d recommend having some cheese and charcuterie prepared - we’ll let you know which wine goes well with your food and why (we can send you a list of suggestions prior to your event).
- If we don't have a specific date or time that works for you, please email us at email@example.com and we can double check availability.
- Please note that we require at least 6 participants per session, with the minimum purchase being for 6 people at £210.
- These sessions will be private for you and your group only.
- Tickets are £35 per person and include six miniature bottles of wine delivered to your address and access to a virtual wine tasting session, led by a level 2 WSET specialist.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to take part in this event and we operate Challenge 25.
- Please note, terms and conditions apply
- Our events are exclusive to members of My Waitrose. If you’re not already a member, it’s easy to join.
- Joining an online experience: Our Online Experiences will take place via Zoom. We’d recommend using a laptop or desktop if possible to make it easier for you to take part. Two days and two hours before your online experience, we’ll send you full details on how to join.